Here are a few facts to consider before walking into a new home subdivision and dealing directly with the builder:
1. Who does the builder’s agent work for and represent?
2. Will the Builder or Builder’s agent encourage me to purchase a home or home site that the builder wants to get quickly off the books?
3. Have I got the experience to pick the best home lot or floor plan that will be easy to resale at a profit?
4. Do I have the practical knowledge to see that the construction is being done correctly?
5. Do I need or will the builder suggest and recommend that I get an independent building inspection to check quality of their construction prior to the sales closing?
6. The home base price looks great and the model home stunning BUT how will I avoid the pitfall of adding too many extras and becoming the highest priced home in the development?
7. What type and quality of after purchase warranties does the builder offer?
8. All successful builders have to work well with the real estate community and offer a buyer’s agent commission that is already included in the sales price. Why would I risk not having a buyer’s agent’s expert representation on my side?
9. Who on my team has a lot of new home buying experience?
10. Could I get a better commission rate on the sale of my existing home if I also used the same agent to purchase the new home?
Buyers who have been writing offers and getting out bid or simply rejected, can learn from the following…
Not all investors are rogues and carpetbaggers, but “SELLER BEWARE!” Continue reading
When you can have all the repairs and improvements included in the main mortgage! There are a number of different mortgage solutions that will get you the home of your dreams, just the way you want it! Continue reading
All closings in Georgia are performed by licensed attorneys. The attorney does not represent the buyer or the seller, Continue reading
Would you go to court with the other guys attorney?
Who needs a buyer’s agent; I can find the house myself!
We often hear stories that start with that phrase: I am not really sure what my agent did because we found the house without them! Continue reading
There is nothing better to motivate potential home buyers off the fence and into a home ownership than the first sign of raising interest rates. Right here and right now, in the midst of holiday season the Federal Reserve board puts the interest rate up Continue reading
Oompa and Scarlett have it together as they work on a marketing plan!
Hit second lowest reading in 2015
Brenda Swanson for Housingwire October 29, 2015
Pending home sales continued to cool off in September, dropping for the second-straight month and to its second lowest index reading in 2015, according to the National Association of Realtors. Additionally, all four major regions experienced a pullback in activity in September. Continue reading